How many of you are Anime fans? And how many of you are Netflix fans? Now, combining both of these, you can now watch a surplus amount of Japanese content on Netflix! However, there’s one problem. You’ll only be able to access the Japanese Netflix library from within the country and its territories.
You’re going to need to change your IP address to a Japanese one to access it. However, it’s not as easy as you think. Don’t think that just by changing your location on Google will immediately allow you access, it takes much more than that. Even though you can try using a proxy service, it doesn’t come with the necessary security features that are required. However, there’s another way, and that’s by using the best Japan VPN.
How to access the Japanese Netflix library from abroad
It doesn’t take much to get started, and before you know it, you’ll be streaming right through the Japanese catalogue in no time. Let’s begin:
- Start by subscribing to the best Japan VPN, one that offers Japanese IP addresses. The VPN doesn’t need to be expensive for it to work. If you’re on a budget, there are many reliable and top providers that offer the best VPN discounts.
- Download and install the Japanese VPN on a supported device. Make sure the provider you choose is compatible with multiple devices.
- Launch the VPN and sign into your account.
- Connect to the best Japanese server.
- Now, either open the Netflix website on a browser or download the app.
- Sign up for the Netflix service if you haven’t already.
- Open up the Japanese Netflix library. It should be available now.
- Start streaming!
- If these last few steps don’t work, make sure you clear the cookies and cache and then start again.
Now that you’re in deep with the tutorial, check the guide below, showing you how to choose the best VPN for Japan. This guide is as important as learning to unblock or access the service from abroad.
How to choose a VPN that works to unblock the Japanese Netflix library
- Choose a VPN that offers local Japanese servers to access both local and international streaming services and to bypass the geo-restrictions in the way of accessing the Japanese catalogue on Netflix.
- Look for advanced security features like military-grade encryption and other advanced features. For instance, some of the main features to look for is a Kill Switch, Split-Tunneling, obfuscated servers, DNS and IPv6 leak protection.
- Choose one based on a strict no-logs policy and other privacy features that add to the protection of user data. This will make sure that your VPN provider, ISP or the government keeps track of the activities you carry out while using the service.
- The VPN you use for accessing the Japanese Netflix library should be compatible with multiple devices and operating systems. A few of the more notable platforms for streaming on Netflix include Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, routers, Firestick and others.
All-in-all, apart from these points, make sure that you’re allowed to test the VPN before investing. This is important to get a look and feel of the app.